Tuesday 13 November 2007

I'm queuing in the rain...

I woke up this morning half expecting Backup Exec not to be working, and, as usual, it isn't. There are 2 possible causes for this:

a) My colleagues theory that Backup Exec works as long as you are physically staring at the Job Monitor, is in fact, completely true, and therefore because last night I figured I had other things to do, didn't watch it, and thus must now suffer it's failures.

or

b) (and this is my most likely theory) it's just a crock of craaaaaaap.

I'm now staring at the screen, and, in typical fashion, with no useful or meaningful reason it's just "Queued" for about 15 jobs, all of which have been sitting there for 9 hours. Just queued. No alerts, no reasons. But there is one job running, that's been running for 6 hours, and is slowly very slowly) notching up the byte count.

I am going to completely lose the will to live with this software soon.

No comments: